Intumescent Mastic Mercor Tecsel® (External use)
Intumescent mastic Tecsel is used for sealing of unfinished joints of facades, frames of doors and windows, and also for filling a variety of gaps both internally and externally of the building. In the case of a fire the mastic is expanded under the exposure of the extremely high temperature so that preventing a spread and passage of steam and rise of temperature in the building. Fire resistance is EI 240.
- Excellent chemical resistance.
- Perfect resistance to a different weather conditions (for external application).
- Ready for use.
- Quick to apply.
- Excellent fire resistance.
- Completely safe and harmless for health.
- Doors frame.
- Small gaps and hollows.
Packaging: PVC tube 310 ml
- Composition and basic material: silicone.
- Fire resistance: El 120 – El 180 – El 240.
- Colors: white (RAL 9016) and grey (RAL 7042), other colors are upon request.
- Chemical resistance: water, soapsuds, salt water, diluted inorganic acids and alkali, mineral oil and greases, oil fuels.
- Characteristic: homogeneous adhesive cream.
- Creation of layer (BS 5889 AP.P): 35 minutes.
- Drying up 23°C / 55% RH: 2 mm/day
- Loss of volume (DIN 52451): 5%
- Should be applied if ambient temperature is from +5 up to +50 °C
Solidified product (4 weeks 23 °C and 55% R.H.):
- Characteristic: elastic.
- Shore hardness A (DIN 53505): 22
- Elasticity (ISO 7389): 90%
- Elasticity 100%: (DIN 53504): O.36 MPa, (NF P 85501): 0.34 MPa
- Elongation: (DIN 53504): 1,1 MPa, (NF P 85507): 0,60 MPa
- Expansion in specified time: (DIN 53504): 600%, (NF P 85507): 300%
- Joint movement capability of 25%
- Heat resistance from -50°C to +150°C
Mastic Tecsel Intumescent is tested in accordance with the Europe standards UNE EN1366-4, UNE EN 1366-3 and UNE EN 1363-1
It is tested in joints with high movement capabilities in accordance with protocol RWS and resisted to fire exposure within 3 hours.