Riippuva tulenkestävä katto TECBOR® A 12 – El-60
- Tecbor® A 12 mm boards.
- 3,5x35 mm self-tapping screw.
- 40 mm and 70 Kg/m3 density rock wool.
- Steel grip for TC 60/27.
- M6 threaded rod.
- “Sinard” type clamp.
- TC 60/27.
- Ribbed sheet e=0,6 mm.
- 48x30x0,5 mm runner.
- 10x100 mm metal plug.
- IPE-140 metal profile.
- 46x36x0,6 mm double H-shaped stud.
- 2,9x13 mm “MM” self-drilling screw.
- Tecbor®joint paste.
- Standard: EN 1364-2
- Laboratory: CIDEMCO
- Test No: 20331-1/-2-a-M2
Fireproof suspended ceilings are used mainly in two specific cases.
- The first case is to isolate different fire sectors vertically. This action helps restrain fire to its starting point and avoids its propagation to other areas. This solution is highly useful in the case of high-rises since partial sector division might cause the fire to spread easily causing serious problems during evacuation.
- The second case is to protect the various objects found above the ceiling; for example, installations, structures, slabs, etc. According to our requirements, we shall use either application. Our solutions have been tested when fire strikes from below.
Description of assembly
Fix 48x30x0.5 mm runners with 10x100 mm plugs every 500 mm approximately around the ceiling’s perimeter. Next place profiles made up of 2 46x36x0.6 mm studs arranged in “H” position lying down. Put the rock wool panels in between. Studs are fixed to TC 60/27 profiles by the upper part and suspended from the slabs through a hanging system including a Steel grip, an M6 rod and clamps every 600 mm approximately. Inter-section joints are connected through 2.9x13 mm metal/metal selfdrilling screws.
Then Tecbor® A 12 mm boards are fixed using 3.5x35 mm screws every 250-300 mm. The work is completed with a 150 mm baseboard of Tecbor® A 12 mm placed all around the perimeter.
Distance between screws will be approximately 250- 300 mm.
Screw heads and inter-board joints will be covered with Tecbor® joint paste.
On top of the suspended ceiling and the IPE 140 metal profiles a 0.6 mm thick ribbed sheet was placed at 400 mm.