Fogmassa för utvidgningshål Dunaseal 35
Fire-protection packing of dilatation gaps.
Function: Fire protection sealing of construction dilatations up to 50 mms.
The Dunaseal sealing unit consists of hardly combustible single- or double layer elastic sponge having 2 or 3 intumescent laminated fire protection strips which create a volume growth in case of fire on this way forming barriers for the fire by filling out the gaps and construction dilatations. The location of units in the gap allows to establish a quick and efficient fire protection sealing in the wall or in the ceiling or within the gaps between the junction of two construction elements. This system is very flexible and thanks to this flexibility it makes the independent moving of the construction elements possible, beside keeping full airtightness.
- Width: 35 mm (1 layer of sponge and 2 layers of intumescent laminated strips)
- Width: 67,5 mm (2 layers of sponge and 3 intumescent laminated strips)
Substrate thickness (minimum):
- 120 mm – Concrete walls
- 125 mm – Walls made of drywall plates
- 150 mm – Walls built of solid brick and cell-structure concrete walls
- 150 mm – Ceilings built of reinforced concrete and cell-structure concrete
The way of mounting:
The Dunaseal units serve for the sealing of gaps and construction dilatations up to 50 mm width. Mineral wool with min. 50 kg/m3 density has to be pushed into the inside of the gap leaving a 30 mm free space where the Dunaseal units have to be inserted. For gaps with 10-25 mm width Dunaseal 35 units are to be used, for gaps of 25-50 mm. the Dunaseal 67 units are to be applied. For ceilings, Dunaseal units are to be mounted from below. Two Dunaseal units have to mounted into the wall, from both sides. Dunaseal units are to be mounted in a way that they should face the laminated layer.
- Penetrations have to be cleaned from dust and smooth contaminations.
- Mineral wool of min. 50 kg/m3 density have to be pushed into the gaps, leaving 30 mm free space.
- The unit has to be squeezed and inserted into the space left free, the intumescent layer has to face the wall.
- Units can be inserted into the wall from both sides, however, they need to be inserted from below in case of ceilings.
- Penetrations have to be marked (– applicator company name, – name of the applied materials, – fire resistance limit, – number of the certification, – application date, – applicator signature)